Belo Intensive Whitening Micropeeling Toner: A Review

Toners are said to be most helpful and necessary for people who have acne-prone skin. It is also important to choose the right toner for your skin because by selecting a harsh toner, it may do more harm rather than benefit for your skin. Why is it necessary to use a toner anyway? I read in the past that a toner is used after washing the face right before the morning and/or evening routine because a toner will be used to neutralize the face in preparation of the products and treatments that you will be putting on your face. It also helps in bringing back the skin’s natural pH after washing the face. Other benefits from toner is that it shrinks pores, it removes oil and results to the appearance of smaller pores.

Before I learned of this facts, I used to think that toners are unnecessary and since I have very sensitive skin, I am careful of the things that I put into my face especially after I had cystic acne. My adult acne condition is treatable and might be associated with hormonal imbalance and stress but I think that it started with really poor hygiene. Enough about me talking about my cystic acne, but now I am pretty much convinced on why using toner is important. I did my research and it is important to use water-based toner because alcohol-based toner will contribute to a long-term skin damage especially if you are exposed to the sun. Some toners have hydrating ingredients and will help with moisturizing the skin because it is difficult to have the moisturizers to work if skin is dry. Based on this knowledge, I knew what I wanted in a toner, a toner that is water-based and mild.



When I was choosing products that I can review, I was a little bit hesitant to get the Belo Intensive Whitening Micropeeling Toner because I already made my mind about this product. I thought it was harsh, not that I have tried other Belo products but to me that is my first impression when it comes to Belo products, they are expensive products that may or may not work, might depend on your skin type and has a tendency to be harsh to your skin. Even with a 50% doubt, I still ended up getting the toner for review. I was still afraid because another impression that I had looking at this product is that it is alcohol-based. I looked up the ingredients of this toner so I was a little bit disappointed. I saw that it included denatured ethyl alcohol. I really did not look into the damages that denatured ethyl alcohol might cause on the skin but I decided to shrug it off and promised myself that I will just be using a mean sunblock to ensure that the sun does not cook my face.

On my first use of the product, I was quite surprised on how I like the feeling on my face. I did not feel any harshness on the skin, it was just like any other toners. I also had the feeling of satisfaction when I was seeing how the dirt was really accumulating on the cotton ball, not all of the toners that I have used did that on my face. I understand, I just washed my face so there should not be that much dirt but it is part of the toner’s function to clear the pores with remaining dirt that was not taken care of when you wash the face. I have been using the product for weeks now, I just do not use toner on my weekends because I want to give my face rest days as well, free from chemicals and whatever treatment. I only wash my face with water but that’s it. I only use soap or cleansing product whenever I go out on rest days and was exposed to the environment. At the first few days that I was using the product, I got little whiteheads popping on my face but they disappear after a day or two. The succeeding days, people did notice that I was glowing and it really helped in reducing my acne scars. It just did not do anything during my hormonal outbreaks. I was using it hoping that it would lessen the pimples but it did not, what was worse was that I had 3 gigantic acne that stood out. I am not sure if that is because of the toner but it has been a long time since I experienced such. I would have a huge pimple prior to my menstrual period but it would just be 1 not 3. What I did notice though is how fast this 3 huge pimples went away with regular use of the product.

Overall, I like the sample that I received. I know that it was effective because of how it cleanse my face. I also like the feeling after I used the product, I really feel that it was lighter and hydrated. My face has become less oily and more glowing. I am just afraid how it may cost. I like the sample size so I am not sure if there is that size in the grocery and I really hope that it would not cost me an arm and a leg. Would I be purchasing the full-sized of the product? Hmmm, no. The only reason for that is because I am afraid of how much it might cost me and because I have a full-sized product of different brand. Also, I do not use that much and it would be a month already since I have been using the sample size but let’s rephrase the question would I be purchasing the product? Yes. I know I have been too concerned on the cost but with the effectiveness of the product, I believe that it is worth it. 

Comments