Sparkling Water as Part of Your Beauty Regimen… say what?

I haven’t posted for a good week and I am really sorry about that. I have been having a difficult time keeping up with my new workout/hobby (I just signed up with this yoga studio and I have been loving the experience and definitely I will be writing about it in a few days so watch out!), my business (I have been selling these healthy smoothies), preparation for my pop up store (basically it is just going to be set-up in my garage and I will be selling my things, but apparently, I am not yet that prepared!!! Oh no!) and work (I was able to finish all of the pending stuff that I have to accomplish). You see, I have been busy and lazy at the same time, hence, I am just so unsuccessful in all of them. I am unable to take care of my own skin. I have noticed that I have been detoxing and pimples are coming out but besides that, it has been really bad as well. I have been checking out Pinterest since I am so into DIY and into discovering new things, I was intrigued when I saw a photo of a girl submerging her face in water but apparently it was not just water but it was sparkling water. 

I think the earliest blog post that I read about sparkling water was in 2014. I really did not read the blog post but just bits of it. They were talking about the introduction of using sparkling water and how this has been popularized in Korea but originally started in Japan. This was used to treat blackheads. As I was reading one of the more recent blog posts on sparkling water, the reason why they like using sparkling water is that this water strengthen collagen fibers and promotes firmness of skin.


What is sparkling water and why do people drink it?
This is one of the questions that came to my mind. I have been seeing sparkling water in stores and have tried them. I really don’t understand the fuzz about, maybe because I don’t understand the benefits of sparkling water. Sparkling water or carbonated water is water into which carbon dioxide gas under pressure has been dissolved. The bubbles make a person feel fuller and it is less likely to erode the enamel of teeth compared to carbonated soft drinks. Sparkling water will more likely lead to indigestion if consumed quickly and it still erodes the enamel of your teeth. Since it is 0 calories and has less sugar, I think this is substitute for soft drinks if you are someone who is into that.

There are no scientific research that support sparkling water as beneficial for it to be included in beauty regimen but its properties such as acidity can help in acne treatment. Besides that, here are other benefits of sparkling water. It has been known that sparkling water can be used in relieving constipation, indigiestion, weight loss, helps in maintaining blood sugar, prevents motion sickness and prevents toxicity. I did mention earlier that indigestion can be a result if sparkling water was consumed too fast. It is known to settle the stomach and induce burping and flatulence based on anecdotal evidence. It also helps in easing the passage of bowel movements and reducing pressure in the gut. It helps in weight loss since it is 0 calories and if you are someone who is into drinking carbonated soft drinks as mentioned earlier, drinking sparkling water gives you the illusion of drinking carbonated soft drinks without the sugar. The carbon dioxide allows fizzy bubbles to fill our stomach and tricking the brain that it is full, eating less and again promotes calorie deficit. There are people who reports that sparkling water reduce nausea and motion sickness. Sparkling water is processed and treated before being carbonated reducing the risk of toxicity compared to tap water.


Sparkling water for your beauty regimen
Sparkling water has been used in spas in Japan and Korea. It has been starting to gain popularity across the globe! It is very simple to use and really refreshing. It brings collagen fibers together adding firmness to the skin. It is also helpful in mechanical washing out all the dirt from the pores. It is also compatible with all skin types and no need to worry about having skin be irritated or rash which happens on some beauty care products. There are no scientific research to back up the efficiency of sparkling water to be used as a beauty care treatment but it has been widely used in spas in Japan and Korea, countries known to be home of the people with really great skin. It is because of the properties of sparkling water that provides proof on its efficiency on skin care. The bubbles in carbonated water help in delivering oxygen deep into the skin pores and flushes out the dirt from the pores. Sparkling water is believed to give one a firmer skin, cleaner pores and may help in treatment of acne and blackheads.

Sparkling water or carbonated water improves delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the skin. Water is said to act like micro-brushes to help cleanse pores and remove dead skin, improving complexion and radiance. Carbon dioxide-rich water has long been thought to be effective in treatment of sluggish blood circulation.   

How is it being done?

I could not believe how it was so easy and quick this process was. I was so happy with the end result as well. I mentioned earlier on how I have had a busy and lazy week and how I was not able to take care of my skin and now I ended with a really dry and pimples are starting to pop out (though some of it is the result of my detox). From the picture itself, you put sparkling water in a container. It is best to add mineral water as well, they said it would be best to make them equal parts. No need for one to do anything else but just submerge your face in it for 10-15 seconds. That’s it! Viola! Instant more refreshed face. Check out how I did the sparkling water face treatment, clickhere

After I submerged my face in sparkling water
It sounded very easy and effortless so I decided to see for myself. I gather up on materials. Sparkling water can be expensive here in the Philippines. I bought mine in Healthy Options for P220 for 1L and when I used it. I think I used about 800 mL for the process. I did not follow the equal parts mineral water and sparkling water part, I think I used 75% sparkling water and regular water for the rest. I did use one of those cleansing wipes from Bench that I found in my room just to clean out any superficial dirt that I have on my face. I did submerged my face for 10-15 seconds. I did like the firmness that I felt on my face as soon as I got out of the water. I was so in awe that I decided to do it again! I read from different articles that this should not be overdone so I stopped before I get addicted and do more damage than charm to my face. It has been advised to be used for 1-2 times a week. I intended to do it weekly and cut off on some of my expenses so that I can buy my P220 sparkling water. The next time that I plan to do it, I will be making sure to follow equal parts of sparkling water and mineral water. It can be expensive but it is effortless and you really get to see the effects immediately. Have you ever tried doing this? Share on the comments section your experience and hit on the subscribe button!

Comments