How does a 30 year old dress up for a family themed occassion?

Well, when you are 30 like me, it would be nice to appear polished and presentable on family events. We also have to admit that we want to appear successful during family events. I really don’t want to do that, I just want to appear normal, presentable and compliant to the theme. The theme for that occassion was blue and white. It was the 17th birthday party of my cousin (our parents are first degree cousins so that makes us second degree cousins).




It was a dinner party where we get to meet a lot of relatives that I do not get to see very often. The event was smart casual. As much as I wanted to spend money on my outfit, I decided to be sensible, they are family, you really don’t have to impress family, what’s important is that you show up and you are respectable enough for the occassion. I decided to wear the same white blouse that I wore for my own birthday party and paired it with white jeans.





For the blue part of my outfit, I decided to finish off the look with my blue paisley patterned scarf and royal blue heels. I did my own make-up and my own hair, I had it in these multiple half ponies (I really did not know what to call them, I just saw this in one of those hair hack videos).




Style tip: Mix and match. I know people are like, yeah, that’s common sense already but whenever one is dressing up, people cannot help but to ensure that they have matching or terno for everything and that’s what makes it hard and that makes people end up buying things. Sometimes, you just have to take a look in your closet and see for yourself what you have in there. If you have a huge collection of clothes and you have not yet done a spring cleaning for a really long time, instead of spending money, rummaging in the pile of clothes during sales in H&M (like I usually do, whenever there is an upcoming event) and lining up for the fitting and for paying, why not just rummage in your own closet and mix and match! I bet you would be happy to that at least P200-P1000 that you would be saving. 

Comments