Look skinnier when black just won't work anymore

How does a 30 year old try to look skinny while she is "in progress"?

 Don't get me wrong, friends. I don't like pretending and I am not for one in complying to society's impossible standards of beauty. For me, women are beautiful, provided that they have a good heart and personality. We need to love our body before anyone else does because people, especially bashers and trollers have something negative to say so we have to promote body positivity but at the same time, we have to also put an effort to achieve what we feel is the best version of us. So in my opinion, I look at my best even if I am chubby but at the same time I want to be healthy, just the right fit. Speaking of the right fit, that's how I also want to look. I don't want to look like a 'suman' when I wear clothes that are too tight for me or a size smaller than what I should be wearing and at the same time, I also don't want to look like I'm wearing something oversize because it's too loose. I just want to wear the right fit without my stomach bulging or whatever and as you can see in the pictures, my stomach is showing. 





Usually, this black polo is my go to polo when I don't want to wear something comfortable but seeing these pictures, I have grown so much that even this black polo cannot hide the fact that I gained so much weight. Nonetheless, I am just chillin' in the mall with my boyfriend taking pictures of me. As you can see, it was another Saturday morning and I decided to wear black polo and straight cut pants. They are not skinny pants, I know I am not going to fit in one nowadays, but they are not exactly your mom jeans as well. They are not high waist or low waist either. These pictures were taken in late January so I still have the weight from the holidays. I have been trying to be consistent with my workout. I decided to also be serious with actual diet and stop with the master cleansing and other detox for weight loss. I learned that whatever you lost, you gained them back. It may not be all those weight but you do gain back the lbs. I was like 158 lbs when the picture was taken, I lost 10 lbs from Master Cleanse but then I gain some lbs and found myself at 155 lbs 2 weeks ago. So I have been working out and trying to eat 1200 calories (there are days that I am not successful, either, I am eating less or eating more)  and 2 weeks has passed and I already lost 5 lbs so not bad. 





To answer the initial question, after a really long introduction, the answer is to do something with your hair. I just learned by watching youtube videos on how to do this braid.





That's all for today, so just a quick summary of what I'm wearing. Black polo with yellow designs from Gap, Denim Pants from Lee (remember what I said on purchasing quality items, these pair of Lee Jeans has been with me for a really long time), Yosi Samra Samara studs in Peach, Lacoste Tote Bag (which you can also use to cover the tummy).  

Comments