Beauty Junkee

***This is not a sponsored post nor a collaboration. This lady/blog just inspired me and I wanted to feature her as the first blogger that I would want to recommend. Any collaborations or if you wanted to be featured on my blog, please send me an email at mimitachinita@yahoo.com***

Where should a 30-year old learn the make-up basics?

I know this blog has been all over the internet. She is popular and has a huge following and even I myself has been a big fan for the last few months. People know that I used to be a big fan of make up and was on my way becoming a make-up guru myself but then I was hit by cystic acne in 2013 and since then I was afraid of wearing make-up. I was able to treat my cystic acne but every now and then I would have this break outs and then I would be so afraid that my acne would all come back. It was not the make-up that caused cystic acne. It was genes, hormones and bad hygiene. I improved my hygiene and started using products specializing in acne control. I do not have that porcelain skin but its now under control.

Through the years, make-up has been both a necessity and a form of art and that is something that I really acknowledged and recognized. Being 30, I have to hide blemishes and I need make up to improve my potential beauty so I know that I need to wear make-up every once in a while. I remembered in the span of 1 year, I have 2 bosses actually begging me to wear not just lip balm but lipstick (maybe being anemic makes me look pale and dull at times). I decided to go to youtube to learn about make-up and I remembered reading tips and product reviews from beauty junkee. I decided to follow her in social media and learn more about her. I actually learn from her that she also suffered from cystic acne and she inspired me that having cystic acne should not hinder me from expressing myself through make-up, I just need to care for the tools that I used and also understand my skin and what my skin will need.

The blogger is Martha Sta. Barbara. I like her motto that I just found from her blog, she is empowering women one make up at a time. She is also a jack of all trades or maybe a jill of all trades(?), she is a personality development coach and a social media manager, a PR consultant, a speaker/teacher for improvement of people skills, character development, boosting self-confidence, basics of make-up and skin care, personal make up and basic acting. Maybe one of these days, I would like to check out her acting class.

Her blog is really clean and I like how she has rules on her blog that her blog does not tolerate any negative comments because we, bloggers, may be putting ourselves out there but we are not putting ourselves just to be criticized by trolls, we are out here to encourage people to do what they love and to inspire others, constructive feedback is welcome but if you are just criticizing just to criticize, you are not welcome on my blog.

She is very inspring and her blog is very helpful. I am just learning the difference of a brush with natural bristle from ordinary brushes and I am enjoying reading the how-to-take care of such brush. I also enjoy her articles other under the fashion tab, she also have some feedback on how to tab a fake vs a branded luxury featured item. Its not really a big deal for me but I enjoy reading her posts. So thats all for now, dont forget to check out her blog at http://thebeautyjunkee.blogspot.com/. 

***Again, to reiterate, I am not paid for this and this is not a collaboration. I did send her an email that I am writing about her and her blog and liked her page in facebook.***

Comments