Wanderland 2018




It’s been more than a month since Wanderland 2018 and I still can’t get over it. I was just not able to get to talk so much about it after the experience since my friends are just not into it. I went there with my boyfriend and I felt that he’s still the best company for the event. Forgive me for wanting to talk about it so much, it just so happened that this was my first real music festival (I have been in Wanderland 2017 for a few hours and really did not get to enjoy so much, I just went there to see friends and Lany then left), I plan to not to do it again but because of Wanderland 2018, I cannot wait of doing it all over again next year.




If you were present last March 10, 2018 at the Filivest Open Grounds then you would definitely enjoy this post, if you were not there, you would still enjoy reading this article and hopefully be inspired and excited to enjoy going to next year’s Wanderland and hope to see you there!





This year’s line-up where IV of Spades (which I think you would have known if you have read all the news about Andrea Brillantes’ bra at the event, I really could not wrap my head around it since most ladies/women there are either not wearing a bra, wearing a strapless bra, a nipple tape or just wearing a bandeau without over it. It’s music festival, people!), Ben&Ben, Quest, Jess Connelly, Basically Saturday Night and Carousel Casualties. For the international scene, Jhene Aiko, Daniel Caesar, Lauv, FKJ and Kodaline.




This is Wanderland’s sixth year and it’s second year here in Alabang. We decided to come there at around 1pm. It was really hot outside, so I made sure to apply sunblock. At first, there was a miscommunication among the guards who check the bags, they were confiscating perfumes but then the main guy who’s in charge with checking people’s stuff cleared that they are just meant to smell the perfume bottles’ content to ensure that it was not alcohol and if it contains alcohol then confiscate it. Ensure to wear comfortable and fashionable clothes! We got the Star Wanderer tickets. With the Star Wanderer tickets, one will have access to the Star Lounge and VIP rest rooms plus 2 free drinks! I like how people were just wearing whatever is comfortable, there were the boho chics, the avant-garde, floral theme and people just wearing whatever is comfortable for the summer. Most guys wore floral polos.




For the OPM acts, we arrived there and it was Ben&Ben who was performing. What I really like about the music acts lined up for Wanderland 2018 is the chill vibe, it was not too loud but there will be time that you will be dancing along and singing along with the music which was really a plus for a Tita-of-Manila like me. That’s also the reason why I am only appreciative of Wanderland Music Festival because when you mention rock, it’s not that I don’t listen to them, hell, I love 80’s American rock but not a fan of the current ones. While IV of Spades was performing, there was public proposal. Not so much a fan of such but if you want to learn more about the proposal, you can check out this.




The theme for this year was Pixels, so one is like playing video games or computer games. There were arcade games and face painting. The way that the art installations, games center and activity center were situated all together in one place was really smart because they were able to create an Instagrammable background. Even where the Star Lounge was situated was just right, the viewing deck would allow you to have a good view of both stages and when you get out of the lounge, you are also near the food. One of the things that I went there for was the food. I was a fan of the gourmet sisig place there. I am not sure how to find them since I did not take note of their name but to anyone who would know how I can find them, please leave their contact details and social media account on the comments section.




For the foreign acts, I love Lauv. I was so pleased that he gets to play afternoon, I think it was around 4-5PM, I really cannot remember very well. Besides Lauv, other acts that were memorable to me were Daniel Caesar (he was my boyfriend’s favorite), FKJ and Jhene Aiko. I did not like how they did not follow the schedule of Kodaline because I was there for them! They started their set at 11:45PM. After a couple of songs, we left. If there’s anything that they could improved, it would be the once you’re in, you cannot come back. I mean, yeah, almost everything that you would need is already inside, they have ATM, they have food, they have washroom, they have water and everything but it would be nice to have an option to get out and then come back.

Comments