L'Oreal Hair Color Excellence Creme: P66 Spicy Red

I have started to color my hair on my own in 2015. I started with Etude House Bubble Foam in June 2015. The first time that I colored my hair, I forgot that one should not be washing the hair after you color it so the color fade away after a week and I was disappointed. I found this Hair Color from L’Oreal in SaveMore and because I was seeing that it was about to go out of stock, I just had the tendency to buy it. Sabi nga nila, talagang may epekto ang kakulangan ng supply sa isip ng tao, hindi ko naman siya kailangan talaga pero nagkaroon ako ng urgency na kailangan kong ayusin ang redness ng aking hair ulit. (People say that there is an effect in people’s inds when there is a scarcity in the supply. I really did not need it but I felt that I had the urgency that I needed to fix the redness of my hair again). So, I got the P66 Spicy Red, I read a lot of good reviews from Asian bloggers because I thought we would have somewhat the same experience having dark hair and all.

Weeks before I left for Macau in 2015, I decided to color my hair. The packaging is enticing kasi it promises one will have that bright red hair, not that I was really going for that but since I have a dark hair, I know the color will be less bright. They have English instructions in the inside so it was not that difficult for me to do it on my own. I decided to somewhat deviate sa instructions, I had it on my hair for 40 minutes near the roots kasi darker siya and then 30 minutes on the strands. It had the normal “parlor” smell. It did not sting that bad either. Yung application niya ok rin lang din naman, it’s a little difficult though compared sa bubble foam kasi talagang inaapply mo siya at from the name itself, it has a cream-like consistency, parang yung sa full-cream milk na pangsalad. (similar to full-cream milk used for salad). Haha. The key is to be able to put color in all the parts of your hair, I had to seek assistance from my sister to make sure na nalagyan lahat kasi ang weird naman kung may part na brown, hindi talaga ombre ang dating non eh, halatang hindi ko siya naabot at hindi ako aware. (that you were able to put in all parts of the hair because it would be weird if there were parts that were brown, it would not look ombre, it would have looked like a DIY where in I failed to reach some parts of thehair and I was not aware) Haha. 
On the way to the airport


One of the pictures while walking on the streets of Macau

Last day in Macau


So after 2 weeks now since I colored my hair and it was still red. It may not be as spicy as the packaging shows but I am satisfied. I have been using the Pantene Color and Perm Shampoo and Conditioner to maintain my red. It did fade a little but as I have said, it is still red and for me it is the right kind of red, yung hindi masyadong obvious na fake yung red hair ko. I mean, yeah obvious pa rin na hindi ako naturally redhead but my red shade does not look so artificial, I guess will be the word. 

The verdict:
I am on the edge if I will be purchasing this product again. I like how the color still stayed on my hair after two weeks of used although how I treated my hair after my DIY coloring it was also a factor on how the color was staying on my hair. I have not tried anything again that gave me a sort of bright red hair without bleaching besides this product so when it comes to the finished color on dark hair, this is something that I would highly recommend. The price was just really pricey for my taste, I think it was P600. WIth all of the more inexpensive hair color available out there, this product would really come off as not worth it. The process of coloring the hair was difficult because of the consistency of the product. If one has a parlor though, this is definitely a good product to use if applied correctly and consistently throughout the hair. The experience while the color is setting on the hair is above average. Here’s my conclusion, for DIY- not so much because of the pricing and because of the difficulty in applying the product. For salons and parlors- highly recommended, I would see happier and more satisfied customers.  

Update:

So this is one of the most viewed posts that I had, almost 200 for 2 years. I am sorry, I was an anonymous blogger back then, well, hanggany ngayon pa rin naman, but this time is going to be different, I am going to be dedicated on my blog, making sure that it gets out there, people will read and enjoy it. Going back to what I was saying, so on the previous post that I had, I expressed my problems with hair fall and thank God for the comments that you shared, hell, that;s one of the reason why I post such and want your comments, it’s not just for traffic thing, it’s for my own convenience. I mean, I want an advise based from experience. I have not used this after this one time that I did, or maybe I did, I really cannot remember but if there is anything note worthy about this product is how dried it made my hair. I went to Macau a day after I colored my hair and that place was divine. It was divine for my hair too. Even if I was not washing it, I didn’t smell and how my hair felt was just great. Then I came back to the Philippines and the difference of my hair was day and night. It was followed by me washing my hair because it’s been three days already and let’s be real, it is gross. I am not sure if it was the weather that made an impact to my hair or what but that’s how it is. Anyone used this product and had a different experience? Don’t be shy and share it.

Comments