Dress and Sneakers

Every year, the lights of city hall has been known to be one of the highlights of the city. There has been different theme through the years. This recent holiday season, they opted for something simpler yet romantic. In my opinion, that’s how those lights appear to me. There were just falling lights coming from the tall trees in the city hall square. I decided to have 2017 display to be featured here in my blog. I was not born in Muntinlupa but most of my life, I have lived here. It has grown to be one known cities in the south.

Backdrop ko c Mayor ( Mayor is in the background)

City Hall square

Belen

I know it is late to feature this post because it is already February and the Christmas light display has been removed for at least a month now but I hope this pictures will inspire you to look forward for 2018 display. It was December 24, 2017 when my boyfriend and I went out for our weekend date. Most of the restaurants were closed, even Shakey’s was closed! We decided to take pictures first in the city hall. Almost everyday, I would pass by this place and I would admire the lights. There is just something about that enchants and inspires us. It is a constant reminder that in darkness, there is hope. For this night, I opted to wear something green as you know, red and green was the color of the season. I did not want to wear red since I have usually worn red and most people will be wearing red, and come on, we wear red for Lunar New Year and Valentines’ Day, which are going to be next week, and our birthday so I wore green. I wore this green geometric dress with its built in belt. I tied my long hair in a half pony. I wore the white converse shoes that my boyfriend got me. I paid for it, he just bought for me since I was unable to go to the shoe place.



Mandatory photo op by the Christmas tree

I am not really a big fan of pairing dress with rubber shoes. I am a girly girl, ok but I just felt that it will not look good on me or my dresses were not a good match to any of my rubber shoes/sneakers. I am not sure if it is also because most of my rubber shoes were really, running shoes and in my opinion, they really don’t look good with skirts or dress, running shoes go with running/workout clothes or shorts and pants if you want to wear them with everyday going-out clothes. I really don’t know, all I can say is that I was definitely out of my comfort zone but I wanted to try this combination so badly since I was seeing this girl in the office, she looked so comfortable wearing dress/skirts and sneakers. When I’m in the office, I always dress this posh (as what one of the bosses would say) and polished style so I am not really in the whole comfortable sporty look from Mondays to Thursdays but on Fridays, I really wanted to try that style. So on this specific night in Muntinlupa City Hall, I made it happen. Anyone get advice on this dress/skirts and sneakers/rubber shoes combination? Share your thoughts below on the comment section.





Style tip: Get out of your comfort zone. I had no problems being sporty though I am really giving an effort to look age-appropriate and office-appropriate, hence majority of my wardrobe now falls in the category of polished. I have been obsessed with the royal family for about 2-3 years, I guess, so I am really getting my style tips from Kate. Regardless, one can have his/her staple style but you should never be afraid to always try something new just like what I did on Christmas eve. If you are quite unsure on how to execute a style, you can always check the internet and check your own wardrobe for pieces that can work and you will be able to try new style and still be you. Check out my facebook page Mimita Chinita for pieces that you might want to add in your wardrobe.   

Comments