Denims and Diamonds

Credits to Arianne Ganac for taking this great picture

Last December 9, 2017, we had our office year-end party in Bellevue. The theme that we had was Denims and Diamonds. I really did not put a lot of thought on what I was to wear or how I will look like on that day. If you are following my previous posts, this event was the day after the wedding.

If you have not yet read that post, you can click here

How does a 30-year old dress up for the theme without spending so much and appear to only 15% effort and still look amazing?


This is such a challenge. A couple of months back, I decided to keep aside money for the down payment for a house. I plan to get a house maybe by 2018 or whatever, I have been looking into my finances and I already know the magic number of the home that I can afford to pay for the next 30 years. Because of this, I already plan how I will be spending for my 13th month pay. A dress is a no. Anything new to wear for the holidays is a no. I have so much dress in my closet and it's just stupid to spend money on it. I mean, I know for some, dressing up for the holidays is a priority but it's just not for me anymore. 

Mandatory mirror selfie in practically in any nice place with big mirrors. LOL.
Ice, me and Arianne
Credits to Doms for taking the photo. This is our team.

I did settle on buying boyfriend jeans. I know I swore to non purchasing one ever but that was when I thought that it was just a fad and now I think it is a necessity and there was a really great deal in Terranova, buy two items and the third item is free so even if the pants were P1700, the most that I spent on a pair of pants, I still got them. I know I will be wearing them for a long time.

Here are some boys from The Juans

For my top, I recycled my Christmas party outfit from last year (and years prior). LOL. Denim and the black crop top. The accessories that I got is my headband with a diamond bow from H&M. I just found it from my stack of accessories, I haven't use it yet so folks, make sure that you use things that you purchase before buying anything new.  For my shoes, I am wearing my sparkly sandals that I wore for my birthday 3 months ago.

Credits to Luisa for the photo

Credits to Kevin for taking the photo


Total money spent: P1750
Did I look amazing? You decide. Please leave them on the comments section.

Credits to Arianne Ganac for my photo (the ones on the stairs)

Comments