HairFix Hair Coloring Shampoo- Rich Auburn Review

***This was originally posted from my old blog amazingmimi. I have done some editting and added more recommendations and opinions in using other color of the same brand.***

In 2015, I sported red hair for 5 weeks in which I used L’Oreal Excellence Fashion, it faded to a brown brassy color. Well, it was not that brassy but it was no longer red. So, I decided to re-do my red, this time, I did not want to spend so much on hair color and being a fan of coloring shampoo, I decided to give it a try upon seeing it in Watsons and reading some reviews online. Coloring shampoo has caught my attention ever since I used the bubble coloring shampoo from Etude House and unfortunately for me since I forgot not to wash hair after coloring it, it faded within less than a week. It cost me a lot, well, P600, so I did not want to go with it again, although I like how my hair did not feel so damaged after using it so I decided to use another coloring shampoo. I was looking for something that was affordable and effective. I purchased HairFix Hair Coloring Shampoo- Rich Auburn. There were a lot to choose from at Watsons but this one just caught my eye and decided to give it a try. It was easy to use, I just did not like the gloves being too cheap looking, it was literally plastic! Oh well, what do you expect sa P69 na pangkulay?! Nonetheless, the gloves did their job, you can feel the warmth of the mixture though but at least, it did not break easy. There was a little stinging on the scalp but it was bearable. I just did not like the smell, masyadong amoy parlor, the smell stayed on my hair for 3-4 days kahit na nagshampoo na ako ng bonggang bongga. Just want to give an update, this did not happen on my succeeding use of the product, so I guess it would just happen on the first time or maybe it would depend on what your hair routine is after you color your hair. Back then, I would just not wash it for about 2 days but now, I would use conditioner and keratin treatment after treating my hair so maybe that’s the reason why I don’t smell that pungent smell after a few days of using the product.

Now 3 years has passed and I continued using this product, I find that this product did not do a lot of damage on your hair compared to other products and I got to say, this product is a steal. Their has been on going promotions in Watsons for this product and I really take advantage of them especially when I feel like coloring my hair. In the last 3 years, besides the Rich Auburn, I have tried Platinum Blond which did not work for me. I guess I really have to bring it to at least level 8 of the hair system. In 2015, I have been coloring my hair for almost every other week. I mixed some of the colors so that I can achieve dynamic more natural looking color rather than just a plain color for my hair. I have read in some blog posts that it’s best to mix Golden Copper and Chestnut Brown, it would produce a golden brown naturally looking hair. I like leaving this hair coloring shampoo on my hair for at least 30-40 minutes and it was enough for the hair to absorb the dye.



Update as of 3.19.2018
So I just colored my hair today, I was really planning to use Manic Panic and dye my hair pink but my order was cancelled, apprently, they did not have the color that I ordered. I was also thinking that I might not be ready to go pink so I decided to dye my hair using Hair Fix Coloring shampoo again, remember, this is just my go to shampoo. I wanted to have red color but I am not really into the warm red tones, I have been trying to achieve the first cool red that I had. It was red orangey with a brown base so I look like Mary Jane circa Kirsten Dunst in Spiderman when she was wearing that chinese collar dress, just like how natural red heads are. It’s a color that is difficult to replicate, I tried to explain to my hairdresser who did it the first time but he was never able to get it, I think he gave me a ruby red in unbleached hair. I looked like Jean Grey circa Famke Janssen in Xmen. In 2015, I think I was able to achieve it by accident. I really cannot remember how I did it the last time so for this time, I decided to mix Golden Copper and Rich Auburn, crossing my fingers to get the Kirsten Dunst red that I have been aiming for. Prior to me using this product this time, I bleached my hair through bleach bath. I think I was able to bring my hair to level 5-light brown.



After almost 55 minutes leaving the mixture of the Golden Copper and Rich Auburn in my hair, I washed out and I love the initial result. It was already showing Dark Red. I waited for the hair to dry to see if it has become lighter or brighter. So, I was planning to use the new conditioner from Cream Silk for color treated hair. I will be posting on how I care for my hair. I know my hair is not the best hair but it is currently improving as day goes by and for people who has been coloring and treating their hair on a regular basis, the usual challenge is keeping the hair less frizzy and with moisture. It is a huge challenge for me because I don’t like frizziness, I have thick hair but I don’t want the limp rebonded look and I don’t want to hide in the curliness like the Merida hair. I want to embrace the volume and yet I want it to look like… manageable, I guess that would be the perfect word.



So I love how the color turned out although it is on the lines of the Famke Janssen red, I wished that it could have been cooler but I guess I could have added more golden copper into the mixture so that it could have been lighter or maybe I could have bleached my hair to a 7 to really get my hair to absorb the dyes even better. I am hoping that in the days coming by that it would be lighter and for some miracle, it would just become Kirsten Dunst red. If you know the color that I was telling you about and know how to achieve it, please feel free to leave in the comments section on what I can do and what dyes to use, what process to use, please I would really like that.



To summarize things, I have been an avid user of Hair Fix Coloring shampoo. I have been using it since 2015, it has always been my go to hair coloring shampoo whenever I am out of money or out of ideas. This shampoo can be perfect for mixing and matching with the other hair colors that they have available. It’s available in 6 colors; Chestnut Brown, Golden Brown, Golden Copper, Platinum Blond, Rich Auburn and Warm Mocha. In this post, I mixed the colors Rich Auburn and Golden Copper. I was hoping to get a sort of red orange but not clown like but more of the Irish.
 
Please feel free to leave comments and questions on the comments section about this product or any other product, preferrably a hair coloring shampoo, that you can recommend.  

Disclaimer: I do not own the Kirsten, Famke and the hair level pictures, I just took them from the internet by doing a google search. 

Comments