Monea Hairlights Bleach Powder: Review

***Disclaimer: I am not a hair color professional, I just have years of experience in DIY hair coloring. ***

How does a 30-year old who is tired of her hair but does not want to spend (a lot of) money gets a new look?

DIY. Everyone is afraid to do DIY especially when it comes to the hair because if done wrong, you might just lose your hair. In 2015, I colored my hair almost every other week. It was on the third quarter of the year when I decided to go blonde. I did a lot of research before doing it myself. I did not want to spend so much money in the salon especially if I would be doing it every other week. 

I was really afraid of bleaching my own hair, I decided to bleach bath to lighten my hair. Hair bleach bathing is a weaker process of bleach bathing and it is used to remove dyes in your hair. It is definitely gentler than actual bleach processing so one must have to be careful. 

To do hair bleach bath: one will need clarifying shampoo (I use Suave Clarifying Shampoo), bleach powder and oxidizing agent (I am used to using the one that I buy from Hortaleza but in the name of this review, I used Monea), hair treatment/deep conditioner, gloves, shower cap, plastic container and plastic mixing spoon and old T-shirt/cape.

So wear your old T-shirt or put on a plastic cape so that if in case the bleach goes to your clothes, you won’t feel that bad for ruining the shirt (the plastic cape would avoid that from happening). Wear the plastic gloves to protect your hands. Put equal parts of clarifying shampoo, bleach powder and oxidizing agent in the plastic bowl and mix with the plastic spoon. Make sure that it is plastic because metal will react to the bleach and oxidizing agent. I have really long hair so I used like 1/5 of the bottle of the clarifying shampoo. Mix them until the mixture is same color as the bleach (usually would have to turn blue/violet, I have only used clarifying shampoo and white anti-dandruff shampoo in the past so I don’t know how the mixture would turn out if one will be using a colored shampoo). Wet your hair and apply the mixture. Put on the shower cap and wait for 20-30 minutes depending on the shade that you want but please do not exceed 40 minutes. Treat your hair with deep conditioner or any hair spa/hair moisturizing treatment. I really don't have any favorite, I use what's available in the house.  

So here's the end result of my bleach bath in the past.

In 2015
  
Here’s the result when I used Monea. In fairness, the hair was lighter than the original. I just had celophane treatment a month prior this bleach bath so my hair was not pure dark brown. I am not satisfied with the result that I got from using Monea Hairlights bleach powder. The oxidizing agent that I used is 12% that was from Monea as well that I purchased from Watsons- SM Tunasan. I was also not a fan of how the Monea bleach powder did not mix very well with the oxidizing agent and shampoo. Since it was the first time that I used this product, I mixed the bleach powder and the agent and then mix the clarifying shampoo, so to give credit to this product, maybe I also did something wrong in my part.




Money spent: Less than P100

Level of satisfaction: No. I have been doing hair bleach bath and I just used a product that was so much better. 

Have you tried this product? Any suggestions or recommendations for a better and more affordable product?

***This is not a sponsored post from Monea Hairlights Bleach powder. This is my personal experience and opinion in using this product.***  

    




Comments

  1. Using clarifying shampoo and any type of anti dandruff shampoo just damages your bleached hair even more. Please dont do that. It will also not lighten your hair that much if you use anti dandruff and clarifying shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dannielle! Your comment is highly appreciated and I did not know that. These are my observations and thank you again for letting me know. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment