How to wear sleepwear at work

The title is weird, I know. It was a Friday and of course people are expected to be wearing casual. I was not wearing pajamas or anything like that but I decided to wear palazzo pants and silk long-sleeved polo shirt. The overall look did not look like I was wearing sleepwear at work but they were all so surprised of what I was wearing given that it was a Friday, the look still looked business casual although for me who has been wearing it felt like it was too casual.


Mandatory elevator selfie.


The material that was used was light that I can just roll the pants whenever I feel like it to adjust to my liking and comfort. The top was comfortable because the material was silk and we know that there are sleepwears that are made of silk so for me I felt like I was wearing something that was too comfortable but for others it looked like it was too formal for a Friday, so how do I do it?

Yung Starbucks talaga ang nagdala. Goldilocks and starbucks are not my endorsers. I am just a loyal customer.


I think it was the design of the pants that helped. If I chose something that was of solid color, they would notice the casualness of the design of the palazzo pants and might realize that it was actually made of light material, so I guess the design and the dark color helped to amped up the formality of the pants.

On Mimi: Silk long sleeve polo shirt from H&M, Striped Palazzo pants from the friendly ate of the bazaar, Finickee blocked heels in beige from Robinsons Department store
On the floor: a piece of tissue, may nagkalat

Di ba kala mo shala pa rin, yung damit talaga ang nagdala. Jollibee and Goldilocks are are not my endorsers. I am just a loyal customer but they can shoot me an email if they want me to be. Lol. 
Another thing that helped with the outfit is the top, it was made of silk but silk long sleeves polo can really make even a pair of shorts something formal and classy. I also think it was the overall combination of the top, the palazzo pants and pair of flesh blocked heels because if I paired my palazzo pants with a white t-shirt that would have made the look so casual. To sum up on how to wear sleepwear at work, choose patterns over solid color when wearing a light material. For the patterns, it would be preferable to go with banker stripes, vertical stripes and hounds tooth. If going for solid color, it would be better to go with dark colors. Do not choose cheap looking materials. Lastly, be careful in selecting your shoes, doll shoes, ballet flats and heels would best helped to make your look more business.    

Comments