Blogger of the week: The Hungry Kat


***This is not a sponsored post or a collaboration. Any collaborations or if you want to be featured on my blog. Please shoot me an email at mimitachinita@yahoo.com***

So I have been looking for inspiring girls/bloggers over the internet and I found Hungry Kat.com. This girl is so inspiring, she has lupus and yet shes not bothered by it, she continues to live her life to the fullest without letting her condition stop her. I have met people who have the same condition and since I am not really familiar with it and my initial reaction is that I feel sorry for them because I am ignorant about the disease. The only thing that I know about it is that it is an auto-immune disease.

The bloggers name is Kat Catapusan. If you think that she is familiar, it is because she is a part-time model and she is a Dove girl and you must have seen her in one of the ads. The best part about her is that she is a foodie. If you have been following my blog, you know how desperate I am in weight loss. My previous post talks about how I recently just undergone Master Cleanse which hopefully will help me lose the weight and live a healthier life. I am not really into depriving myself of anything but I like having healthy choices. I like following Kats blog, she featured a lot of restaurants, most I cannot afford. LOL but when I see the pictures, I am not entirely into eating mood after seeing the pictures but I feel that I was satisfied. For some, people might think that my process is too painful but for me its not. It was enough for me not to binge eat. So lets move on to talking about Kats blog. She also post a lot of hotels during her staycation. I am not high maintenance but I am more of an urban adventurer. I would like to see what the city has to offer and I am a fan of staycations rather than out of town trips. I know staycations can be expensive but sometimes it allows you to see the city beyond the hustle and bustle. I would feel peace waking up middle of the night, sometimes getting out of the hotel in my jammies and bathrobe and see the outside (I know it sounded weird but thats how I explore).

I also like looking into her pictures which were being previewed on her blog. I am so impressed in one of her pictures where she was feeding a tiger. I was also inspired to visit the Estacion Hotel and Escala in Tagaytay, living in the south, I am quite near to Tagaytay so I can visit this anytime I want. I am also looking forward including visiting the Cafe Rizal once I visit Manila for the history trip. Every once in a while, its really fun to do those history trip and exploring Manila day trips but now I am considering staying at the Rizal Park Hotel for one of my staycations. Shes just very effective in showcasing one places highlights without overwhelming her posts with pictures.


I also find her blog really educational, as mentioned above my knowledge about lupus is that it is an auto-immune disease but besides that I really do not know. Apparently there will be time that lupus will be active where in its just worse than a regular day for someone with lupus, there are also other possible complications so what one with lupus has to do is to be healthy. After reading that part, I felt that she is really an inspiration. I am someone who is cautious and I always think of possible risk of situations before jumping into the water. I can be spontaneous at times but I prefer organization. She is a constant reminder that we should just live life to the fullest. I am not saying that she is not cautious or careful in life but she just inspire me to not be so controlling of things, let my hair down and just do what I want.

Her blog is clean and simple with black fonts and white background but with a lot of picture of her doing different things. Since she has bombarded the blog with her pictures, the header of her blog is a drawing of her with a picture of a cat. I am not sure if she really has a cat in real life but I think it was just witty, with her name being Kat and her having a cat. LOL. I will be followig this blogger and hopefully learn a thing or two about life and blogging.

Heres the address of the blog: http://thehungrykat.com/. Please visit it. If you have been there, please share your thoughts in the comments section.

Comments