Blogger of the week: Purple Doll


***This is not a sponsored post or a collaboration. Any collaborations or if you want to be featured on my blog. Please shoot me an email at mimitachinita@yahoo.com

It’s 2018. Everyone is just excited and positive for the next 365 days ahead of us. Everyone is wishing and hoping that everything will be so much better for the year ahead. People wanted to achieve their goals, hopes and dreams once the year ends. I am no different. I have sent into the universe my goals for 2018 since December of 2017. I created a plan to ensure that I meet those goals. I created plan B, just in case plan A does not work just to ensure to meet my goals for 2018. I will be sharing all of my hopes and dreams for 2018, probably on the next post but for now, let us feature another blogger. 

Her name is Sumi Go. Unlike me, she is only in her 20’s and has an obviously more successful blog than I do. Just to share something about me, this 2018, my main theme is be a #goaldigger. I focus on goals and realistic goals, it’s not that I had unrealistic goals in 2017, they were realistic but I came to realization that I was chasing something and I was so unhappy yet I still an far from that dream. This year, I wanted to focus on my happiness and that’s what I feel whenever I read Sumi’s blog, that I am reading a blog of a person who chose happiness and as she says on her blog, she is still a student of life. Actually, most of her posts are about food (probably because she’s a foodie, duh! :))  and I love it.

Here’s the deal. It’s 2018, since everyone is on ketogenic diet. I am not sure if I typed it correctly, I’ve heard of that diet, I’ve seen a person in a diet lose weight and there are people who are currently attempting that, I decided to once again go against with the flow and decided a different diet, I will talking more of that in later posts. The challenge that I have been having lately is the fact that I have to eat veggies. I do not have problem eating veggies but I have a problem if food is repetitive. I give up. I don’t care if I have to be the one to prepare that, ok, no problem but I will just have to quit if you will give me lettuce-cucumber-tomato salad for 3 days straight. (I don’t want to be ingrate to our yaya, thank you for preparing me healthier meals for the past few days, I will write in the whiteboard what I would like to eat so that you will not have any difficulty. :)) 



How does a 30-year old with food-attention deficit ensure that she sticks with her diet plan?
I know this year is my last chance in getting healthy. It’s been years, literally 10 years that I have been saying that I will be 105 lbs and I never had a problem with spending time working out at the gym, running or just be active. I was able to recognize and acknowledge that my struggle is with food. I tend to eat a lot once I feel tired from the workout. I would lose say 10 lbs, I would eat more than usual, I would plateau not because my body has been so used to working out but because I worked out less and eat more until I just end up not working at all and eating so much more. I knew the problem already but I know I have deep dive more to understand what my challenges are with eating. Sometimes I just don’t know what to eat or if I do, I don’t like that there is no variety. 

So, as I was looking for recipes in the internet, something that will be attainable in the Philippines, (because some just call for really delicious yet not available in Philippines ingredients), then that’s when I saw her post. Sumi was sharing how she is still a newbie in preparing her meals herself and I was like, she makes it look easy. I am not really sure about her culinary expertise but she made me feel that I can do it too. 

Her website is http://www.thepurpledoll.net/. I like how her blog is so white and yet so efficient. She had tabs for restaurants, beauty and wellness, fashion, travel and recipes. I think I will be checking a lot of those recipes in the future. Based on the archive, her blog has been around since 2011 and she even won an award in 2012. I was really impressed on how it was so easy to navigate her blog is. I went to check out under restaurants so that I can recommend it to my girlfriends when we meet up or if people decide to visit me here in the south, I can sound like a really accommodating host. So as I was browsing under restaurants, you can filter it according to cuisine, location, hotel dining and specialty food, etc. I read her post about the Phoenix Court, eventhough I am so near the Bellevue Hotel, I still haven’t eaten there. I really wanted to try out that place but sometimes it was just the money or the time that’s why I still haven’t been there. I really like how she put credibility in herself because she grew up in a Filipino-Chinese environment, you would know that she knew what she was talking about when it came to Chinese food. She was still objective as she wrote and I cannot wait to try Phoenix court myself. 

So checking her beauty and wellness page, I really haven’t read a lot from her posts from that part of the blog. As an overview though, she wrote articles on correlation of having a dog and wellness, how to improve cholesterol levels, etc. On the beauty part, I was really afraid to check out her post about Beauty Mnl. I am not really new to make-up but after my cystic acne experience in 2013, I no longer wear make-up like as if it is a necessity. Nowadays, I only wear make-up on Mondays, if I will be meeting friends and relatives that I have not seen for the longest time or if I have a lot of time to prep before going elsewhere. I even started to draw eyebrows very recently. I am afraid to read her post about Beauty Mnl because I might end up shopping. LOL. I just recently decluttered on my make-up and threw few lippies, blush-on, eyeshadow, eyeliner and other products here and there so I might just end up shopping for new ones though the necessity part of my make-up stuff are quite complete already. LOL. I am interested checking out her beauty and wellness page for possible giveaways. :)

I also enjoy on how she has her rating explained already on her homepage. I do give my rating from time to time but I do not have like a number so that a person can compare one rating to the next. What she did was smart, I have to give her that but for me, it’s more of I’m just a ‘specific is terrific’ kind of person. Speaking of her homepage, I love her profile pic. I wanted in the past to dye my hair pink and the closest that I ever did was ombre of coffee and pink. I did red but when it lightened, it did not appear pink, it was faded red. I no longer aim for that type of color for my hair but I admire hers and how straight and unfrizzy her hair. She should write something about hair care, I mean, I just bleached my hair and I am on this hair routine that gives me a decent hair when followed to a T but will give you dry ends if you are so in a hurry. I really would love to know how she cares for her hair. 

That’s just about it. I was to subscribe to her blog but then my google chrome was unresponsive and being the impatient person that I am, I was like, I’ll do it next time. I will be sending her an email on how she inspired me on my diet and how I will stick to it, thanks to her and hopefully she personally share a recipe or two with me. 

Please do check out her blog. www.thepurpledoll.net and share with me your thoughts as well and how she inspired you! 

***Again, to reiterate, I am not paid for this and this is not a collaboration. I will be subscribing to her website and send her an email about my post.***


Comments